Friday, July 5, 2013

{DIY} Salvaged and Colorful Entry Way Make-Over


I am seriously obsessed with the colors, and elements in this hall! Remember in my last post I was telling you about that super fun and colorful home I was working on??? The one with the DIY pallet chalkboard and armoire bar, DIY red chandy, and DIY vintage, French, oyster basket light fixture? Well, this is it's fabulous and fresh new entry way! Below is a picture of the wall (the one on the left) before....

The wonderful owners of this house found a rusty old construction grate in their backyard and wanted to use it somewhere in their home... seriously, how cool are they??  We decided the entry way was the perfect place to hang it. It works great as a coat and scarf rack and even for pictures! We simply placed inexpensive "S" hooks from Ikea on the grate and hung the jackets and scarves from them. We also hung a poster that we aged, crinkled and mounted to canvas on it!


 We used a bench they already had and added some funky and colorful pillows! 
Below is an instagram shot. A funky old grate also makes a great place to pin old letters, pictures and child's artwork to! It would make for a great industrial gallery wall.


If you couldn't tell, I can't get enough of re-purposed and unusual pieces! What have you re-purposed lately??
I hope you enjoyed this entry way! Stay tuned for some more epic, inexpensive and easy DIY projects!



Linking up to:
Liz Marie Blog     
Too Much Time On My Hands  
DIY blog Classy Clutter

11 comments:

  1. That's a really a great idea to use the old fence - I love all those "upcycling"-ideas! :)

    Love, Midsommarflicka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. up-cycling is my favorite!!! I LOVE it!! Thank you so much for stopping by!!! I hope you are having a beautiful day!!

      Delete
  2. Love it!!! I would LOVE an old construction grate in my house!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kristen!! It sure is a fun piece!!

      Delete
  3. What a great idea! Love that it adds visual interest and function to the space. I am a new follower on bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! It is such an easy and free project! I am thrilled to have you follow! Thank you for stopping by!!

      Delete
  4. You did a beautiful job, Molly! Love every detail! I'm including a link back in this week's DIY highlights. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Roeshel!! I really appreciate you hosting it!! You're the best! xo

      Delete
    2. I am so excited! I can't seem to find it though to link up on my blog! Thank you so much! Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  5. Your entryway is gorgeous. Great job! I'm hosting a Wall Decal giveaway that you should enter! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/08/wall-decal-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kayla! I will have to do that! I love your blog! xo

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments! Each and everyone means so much to me! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...