Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Little Corner Of Our Dining Room

 Hey, hey, hey! I wanted to share with you another little corner of my dining room! Here lies my beloved wine barrel. I picked this guy up off a street in Napa for $40! They usually run about $100-$200 so this was quite a steal. This barrel makes a perfect extra table/ bar-top for entertaining! 
Check out how I can completely change the look of the area just by simply changing the color of the flowers!
I've placed some flowers I picked from our local flower farm yesterday in some vintage blue mason jars. I've added height and movement to the arrangement by placing one of the jars on a little wooden pedestal. This awesome tribal looking, carved,  pedestal, was picked up at a garage sale for fifty cents!   Score 2 for me!! I like to imagine it was discovered in some Mayan temple and was used to grind herbs or something awesome...  It looks great in a food arrangement at a rustic dinner party spread as well!

Here is another colorful flower shot!
 I have decided to start sharing snap-shots of things that inspire me during my day in my posts. I had to share this next picture of some flowers I picked while going on a walk through my little village. I popped them in my milk glass vase (a flea market find) and I thought they were so cheery looking! They look swell on my tree stump side table.
The next picture is of a darling gate I stumbled upon during our evening stroll. Where do you think it might lead to?
Thanks so much for stopping by this little corner of my home (and village)! 

Until next time, 



4 comments:

  1. You are one smart shopper! I love that barrel, and your little corner is just charming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kristel! I hope you are having a beautiful week!

      Delete
  2. Love your little corner! And how cool that you found that little pedestal for 50 cents!! I too am a lover of garage sales :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Don't you just love going to yard sales! It is so satisfying finding something ugly and tattered and making it new again! Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments! Each and everyone means so much to me! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...