Monday, October 3, 2011

Fantastic, Inexpensive and Quick Finishes

 
Happy October! I wanted to share a quick and awesome tip on how to drastically change the appearance of something for just a couple bucks and in few minutes of your time. This is how I have changed so many things for both myself and my clients. This is "Rub 'n Buff". It is so easy to rub on and it dries instantly. Because it is wax based, you can't paint over it but you could use Rub 'n Buff in a different finish over it! Rub 'n Buff comes in a ton of different finishes, such as gold, silver, and patina. Before getting rid of a piece, look at it with different eyes, you may be able to change it drastically in mere moments and save a bunch of money in the end. Also, a little bit goes a long way. Trust me, this little tube can do many pieces. 
(Picture of wax above by unknown source)

Before and After pictures of my clients lamps below. Note updated lamp-shade!
   

Here are a few other things I have used this wax on. Both of these were an awful gold color. By adding the wax, it made the finishes a beautiful silvered gold.
Both the frame and the "B" were painted with the finish.
The wall sconce below was also painted with the wax. I apologize for not having a "before" picture, I redid these before I started blogging.
Now...go give your furniture a face-lift!

To see more Rub'n Buff Transformations click here!



Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for the tip - I have some old pieces that need to be "lifted," so I will have to try that sometime. It makes a huge difference!!! Thanks for being so inspiring!

    Hugs,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome! I use this stuff on pretty much everything! It is so inexpensive and takes minutes! i hope you are having a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mau untung banyak tanpa kerja?
    solusinya yaitu zeusbola!
    dengan deposit minimal Rp 50.000 kamu sudah bisa menjadi member kami dan bisa bermain berbagai banyak jenis game dengan 1 user id saja
    ???keuntungannya tidak main main???
    lansung gas untuk daftar ya bosquww

    terdapat beberapa jenis bank lokal yang bisa digunakan bermain di
    zeusbola seperti :






    UNTUK INFORMASI LEBIH LANJUT SILAHKAN HUBUNGI KAMI DI:
    WHATSAPP : +62 822-7710-4607
    FACEBOOK : @zeusbolame
    LINE : zeusbola
    INSTAGRAM : zeusbola.official

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments! Each and everyone means so much to me! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...